Friday, October 19, 2007

And if you want trouble, bitch I want the same thing

To get this blog goin':

This was easily my best week of poker ever.

Down the list:
2nd in $2 regular - 601 entrants for $126
4th in $6 regular - 223 entrants for $81
8th in $33 5k guaranteed - 273 entrants for $246
5th in $11+r - 150 entrants for $506 (biggest score ever shippppp)


I've been playing at the top of my game and running like a mob of underpaid factory workers was chasing me in an effort to kill me for lowering their wages again (what, they can't feed their fucking families on $2.55 an hour?) Anyways, PT tells me I've been playing ~23/18.7 in tournament play, which is where I was before I went on the worst downswing ever, so I'm pretty happy about that. (Actually, I was like 23/22 before, but I like these new stats more.) Also my ~1000% ROI is def. sustainable, so I'm probably going to be hitting my goal of $300k a couple weeks early (PT says: Vanq uses sarcasm 16.4% of the time).

In all seriousness though, current BR is at ~$890 (started at $100 a week ago) with $30 in play on NFL action this weekend (Colts -3 and Ravens -3 one time). That being the case, I'm looking at playing a ton more $6/$11 donkaments and I may or may not try to satellite into the $300k guarantee (it's on Sunday, and that's football day :( ). Perhaps some $50 6max will be mixed in during stretches when I don't have time to play/concentrate for longer periods of time, so we'll see how that goes.


Realistic goal for next week (or less) - get to $1200. I want to hit ~$5k within 2-3 months at most, and this will definitely be a good start, so I'm gonna make a huge effort to get that done. I'm currently reading PNL (like 1/3 way through) and then I'm going to read NLTAP. These will help my game a ton as well, I imagine, so perhaps my goal is actually quite achievable (the $5k goal, not the $300k goal, reader, get your head in the game plz).


Also I'm still on break from the CC buy-ins it seems (reader, you know I love CC but my Stars/FT BR just can't handle it right now, and getting a real BR on PP is taking precedence over this temporarily). Still though, shout out to CC homiez, (cardschat.com - join the site yo) as soon as I figure out how, I'm gonna link this shit to your guys' blogs.


Thanks all for reading/supporting, feel free to leave comments (especially on my goals and how achievable you think they are/your own experiences with that type of thing/praise for my skillz, etc etc).

Vanq

3 comments:

combuboom said...

1000% ROI = sustainable. enter the highstakes showdown on stars and you'll win $100,000 (more than 1st place pays ftw)

tenbob said...

Nice blog, and nice upswing. Go sat into the 300K and win it.

Oh gave you a link on my blog. Drop by and say hello :)

Entiteit said...

I love your stuff Vanq, atleast you're a funny writer ! (Altough some of these commentors never heard of sarcasme it appears..) Keep up the good stuff and gl with your goals!