Monday, October 22, 2007

Busy week outside of poker

Haven't been able to play any MTTs yet this week, looking at maybe one or two Friday, but that may or may not happen (alcoholism's grasp on vanq is similar to that of the ring from LOTR on smeagol). Anyways, the BR took a small hit on Saturday when I dropped a buy-in+ at 50max. I was actually so tilted afterwards that I didn't play some MTT I was originally planning on winning and chilled with friends instead. So now I'm in the mid $800 range, which I'm still quite content with, even thought it means I may not make $1200 this week (fuck).
I got a ton of shit to take care of during this week, and World Series coverage starts Wednesday, which means means the evenings will consist of pubbing rather than steeling potz. This short break will let me think more about the long run and where I want to be in the next month/several months/year/decade/century/millenium/etc, which will ideally motivate me to keep crushing PP ring (seriously, I'm running like 25 PTBBs/100 at 25max right now).
In other news, pizza bagels are the best fucking food of all time and everyone should eat them for every meal, every day (you are still allowed to choose your accompanying beverage - I recommend alcohol, preferably 100%).



One more thing, reader. I know you're probably almost as lazy as I am (no one can be as lazy as me, by definition), but after reading these posts, please leave comments. Seriously, it makes a difference. I want to know what you think of what I have to say about general poker, what you think of the goals I'm trying to set for myself, what you think of the book I'm reading (PNL right now) if you've already read it, and so on. These comments will perform two tasks: they'll let me know that people are actually reading (cause right now, I have no idea how many people are following and what type of reader I'm trying to preach to) and it will give me more insight into the long grind that is online poker (especially those of you that have been playing longer than me/play higher stakes/etc).


I am now going to go count the minutes until the new Prison Break episode starts, so I have to end this post. Right now.

3 comments:

ChuckTs said...

If you really want to know what I think, I hate you vanq. You're stealing all the damn positive variance. Well either that, or you're actually killing party right now.

But really, I wanted to let you know to realize this streak most probably won't continue. Not that you'll start losing, but that this is probably just a nice upswing, and your results will most probably slow down soon if you keep expecting them to go at the pace they're going.

Like that quote I posted at CC says, nothings impossible. Miracles are just extremely improbable occurances. If you believe you can keep playing your game and getting the results that you're getting, then you can.

I know that my personal biggest downfall in poker is my psychological problems and not having full confidence.

k I'm gonna stop the stoned rant that may or may not be making sense now...best of luck dude and I want to see some more FTs and shit from party.

ChuckTs said...

hah, my response to your 300k was a joke too...just not a very good one...

combuboom said...

you should definitely play soon. don't letcha hot streak die boiii. i'm currently racking up tokens for an upcoming MTT marathon week. no one on FTP is safe

this is combu btw